Dr.-Ing. Mirko Conrad
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL SAFETY CONSULTANT samoconsult GmbH, Berlin, Germany
Mirko Conrad serves as managing director of samoconsult GmbH, a consulting engineering company recognized in the automotive industry for their comprehensive services in the areas of functional safety and model-based system and software engineering.
Mirko started his professional career at Daimler-Benz / DaimlerChrysler, where he developed and introduced methods and tools for model-based development and testing of ECU software. After that, he had led MathWorks worldwide engineering activities in the area of functional safety. He was responsible for creating and maintaining tool qualification kits across industries. Mirko actively participated / participates in the standardization of ISO 26262, SOTIF, DO-178C and the MISRA-AC guidelines. He provides functional safety services to automotive OEMs and suppliers. He oversaw the qualification / certification of 10+ software tools.
Mirko Conrad holds a PhD in engineering and a MSc in computer studies from Technical University Berlin, Germany. He lectures functional safety at the Technical University of Munich and automotive software engineering at TU Dresden. On a regular basis, he provides functional safety trainings for a variety of renowned training providers.
Mirko serves on the management team of the special interest group for Automotive Software Engineering of the German Computer Science Society (GI-ASE).
FUNCTIONAL SAFETY EXPERT AND CTO
samoconsult GmbH, Berlin, Germany | 2013 – Present
• Manages the company’s consulting, engineering, and training services
• Provides functional safety services to leading transportation companies and software tool vendors
• Integrates functional safety standards and industry common practices into the corporate processes
• Conducts process assessment and improvement projects
• Develops training courses and provides customized functional safety trainings for automotive companies and training providers
• Participates in the SOTIF standardization activities
• Contributes to the development of the ISTQB ‘Certified Automotive Tester’ curriculum